Friday 7 May 2010

Ben's Playroom is Ready!!!

Woohoooo!!! Ben's playroom is finally ready!

I have previously blogged about the progress of his playroom. During that time (about 1 month ago), we are still lacking the air conditioning unit, a bed for Ben (and myself) to sleep in (when he's taking his daytime nap), wall deco, laptop table (for me to surf and do work while Ben is napping) and toys for Ben to play with.

Now, we have all the things ready! Air conditioning unit is installed, we moved one of the double decker bed to the room, I have meticulously stick up all the wall stickers that I bought these few weeks, laptop table has been placed at the corner of the room and toys are slowly being shifted into the room! Yes! Finally! :D

I'm so sick of seeing this...
Yeah, toys and books all over our bedroom... and hubby's clothing all over the place...
And then this, taken just a day ago...
That's right... Ben is chewing hubby's old mobile phone...

So anyway, as I was saying... I can finally say bye-bye to messy bedroom (hopefully!) and have a separate room for Ben to play in during the daytime.

Below are some snapshots I took of the room. There are still more that we can do for the room, but for now, it is enough.

So first thing first... As a parent to a very adventurous and curious 14 month old boy, safety matter is upmost important! So, hubby installed the safety gate right in front of the playroom. This is so that I could go out and do whatever needs to be done while Ben is napping - in case he really woke up and starts wandering around in the room, at least, he's confined and safe in the playroom.
This is what you will see on the door of Ben's playroom.
(*Note: We're not crazy of Mickey Mouse or Disney, just that I happened to buy the wall sticker of Mickey & Minnie... not much choice of wall stickers left anyway...)
A small sticker right above the door knob...
Another Mickey sticker at the other side of the door knob...
This is what you will see right near the switches. Colorful flowers and a tree branch with 3 baby birds in a nest while its mother flies back to them with some fruits in her mouth (opppss.. I meant beak)
I accidentally bought 2 sets of this wall stickers :P

So this is the other set on another wall...
I changed the arrangement of the flower petals and leaves a little bit...

I also stick some butterflies on the pillar at the corner of the room...
I love the wall sticker design below!
It's the first one I put up (cos it's right below the NEW air conditioning unit and I was feeling very hot this afternoon, so yeah I needed that excuse to be standing right below the air-cond :P)
This sticker is right above Ben's bed...

This is where Ben will nap during daytime...
It will do for now... will add more comfy pillows later...
We also have an Ikea rug right next to the bed... :D
Hubby hung these koala bears (souvenirs we got from Sydney trip years ago!) and the link-up alphabet toys on the window sill...
And this is what I see when I look up from my laptop table in Ben's playroom!
I want to see greenery so here it is! :D

So after this, when Ben wakes up in the morning, we will shift over to his playroom and spends the daytime there. At least with a smaller room, we don't need to use so much electricity (our bedroom's air cond is 2 horse power while the playroom's is 1 HP) and the playroom is not so hot during daytime compared to our bedroom which is facing the sun during daytime. And with a smaller room, Ben have less space to mess up the room with his toys too! :P

Of course, that doesn't mean we are going to be stuck and all couped up in the playroom from now on... I will still bring Ben to our bedroom's balcony for him to play water or just plain chilling and enjoying the good weather and all... :D

Photobucket

9 comments:

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

What a great space!! I wish we had an extra room that we could transform into a playroom!

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi Vanessa!

Thanks for dropping by and for the follow!

We waited for sometime to get this room to be converted to Ben's playroom! Finally!!!

Shareen Mohd Saleh said...

Wahhhh Jenny! So nice! Can see you put a lot of effort and thought into this. I'm sure Ben loves it!

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hey Shareen!

Thanks, thanks! I'm happy with the room for now, although there's more to improve on.

Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life said...

That will be great for Ben to have his own playroom! Bailey's room is our living room (we have a lot of baskets to help put the mess away when needed :)

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi Cindy!

Yeah, finally a room for him to mess up with! :P

Even though we have baskets to keep all the toys previously, Ben still caused a mess cos his playroom used to be our bedroom... imagine, pillows, blankets, bahhhh....

Unknown said...

The stickers you chose are great. I like that you used a variety.

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hey JDaniel4's Mom!

Thanks for your compliments! I wanted to get more stickers but the shop selling them are not stocking up any new cute designs... :(

The Bama Gardener said...

What a precious playroom! Thanks for linking me to it! Love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

I'm a full-time mummy Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez | Distributed by Deluxe Templates