Tuesday 11 May 2010

Hurt...

I got this via email forward from a close friend of mine (*Thanks Kelly!). Would love to share it with you guys, hope that you guys will be inspired from the article!
(Note: I'm not sure whether it's true such incident happened before but then, let's just learn from the lessons given here, OK?)

On the first day, as President Abraham Lincoln entered to give his inaugural address, just in the middle, one man stood up. He was a rich aristocrat. He said, “Mr. Lincoln, you should not forget that your father used to make shoes for my family.” And the whole Senate laughed; they thought they had made a fool of Abraham Lincoln.

But Lincoln --- and that type of people are made of a totally different mettle. Lincoln looked at the man and said, “Sir I know that my father used to make shoes in your house for your family, and there will be many others here…. Because the way he made shoes; nobody else can. He was a creator. His shoes were not just shoes; he poured his whole soul in it.

I want to ask you, have you any complaint? Because I know how to make shoes myself. If you have any complaint I can make another pair of shoes. But as far as I know, nobody has ever complained about my father’s shoes. He was a genius, a great creator and I am proud of my father”..


The whole Senate was struck dumb. They could not understand what kind of man Abraham Lincoln was. He was proud because his father did the job so well that not even a single complaint had ever been heard.

Remember:
“No one can hurt you without your consent.”
It is not what happens to us that hurts us. It is our response that hurts us

(*Images taken from Google image search)

5 comments:

Maureen said...

What a great man he was! I'm liking the quotes at the end.

Happy Tuesday from Jakarta :)

Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life said...

What a great quote and a good life reminder!! Often we let ourselves get more mad, thus feeling worse. I still though believe people can be hurtful, but I do think it is our reaction to it.

Unknown said...

Hey Jenny! I've been absent for a few days...had to temporarily shut down my blog to keep peace between myself & husband for the moment. Catching up on what you've been blogging....I so needed this reminder of how to view things today. This week has been so tough...letting go and letting God handle things in my life & family is way harder than I thought it would be.
But thinking about how I let what others say affect me...man...this just hits home. I have sat here and moaned and whined this week wondering if so much of what he said was true. I am so glad I have a Father in Heaven who loves me regardless and sees me only as his beautiful daughter - His Eternal Bride!

Thanks Jenny! Praying for you daily!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

OOPS. I think I commented on the wrong post. Need coffee. HA!

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi ~M~ & Cindy!
Glad you guys enjoyed the quote and this article! :)

Hey Katie!
No wonder... I've been trying to access your blog and not able to do so. Hope everything is fine at your end!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

I'm a full-time mummy Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez | Distributed by Deluxe Templates