Friday 21 May 2010

Five Question Friday #8

This is my 8th 5QF now! I've been having so much fun joining this meme! :D Questions for this week are:

1. Do you have an iPhone and, if so, how do you get apps and what are your favorites?
No, I don't own an iPhone. However I do have a Nintendo DS which was a Christmas gift from hubby last year! He gave it to me so that I can play it while I'm nursing Ben. Which... is slowly becoming Ben's toy now... :( (
*Note: Picture below showing Ben trying to figure out how to play Nintendogs.. he's just curious with the sounds and doggy running in the screen... ;p)
2. What is your fondest memory of K-3rd grade?
K-3rd grade? Hmm... let's see.. That will have to be when I was in 3rd grade... In Malaysia that is what we called Standard 3. I think my fondest memory of this year is:- Hiding in the toilets with my best friend to skip dental check-ups!

Hahaha... thinking back of this is just hilarious and EMBARRASSING of course! When we were young, we were superbly terrified of dentist (my best friend is worse) all thanks to the horror stories we heard of teeth being yanked out forcefully and endless bleeding and death and all...

So every time we see the nurse walking past the classroom to distribute the students' dental card (for them to get ready to be excused from class) my best friend and I will quickly asked the teacher's permission to go to the toilets. Of course, we are not that stupid... we will go one after another, about few minutes delay to avoid suspicions... And then we met up in the girl's toilet and hide out in one of the cubicle until recess time.. cos that's the time the clinic closes.

One time, my friend was so scared (cos the card stated she needs to have 1 of her teeth extracted) that she hid in the toilet, refusing to go out even with our class teacher and the nurse and me standing outside the toilet asking her to come out. I had to go into the toilet cubicle and coaxed her out. She threw the crumpled dental card onto the floor and cried and refused to be checked by the nurse/dentist. In the end, the nurse was frustrated and told her if she refused to be checked, she needs her parent's letter to the school to excuse her from being checked. So in the end, we got the letter, both my friend and myself and we got excused from getting our dental checks in primary school... hahahah... what memories...

3. What makes you cringe at the thought of touching?
Err... touching what? If touching insects (be it dead or alive) yeah, that would by all means made me cringe, shudder and ran away at the opposite directions! On the other hand, I have no problems touching Ben's pee or poop or whatever that comes out from him... motherhood makes me immune (or numb) to all this things... but no insects!!!

4. If you could have any celebrity show up on your doorstep who would it be and why?
Oh wow... hmmm... let me see, let me see... How about Dixie Chicks? I'd love for them to come here and sing the "Lullaby" song LIVE to Ben... We absolutely love that song! And of course, I love Dixie Chicks! All their songs are just lovely and the music... ahhhhhhh... nice..... Love it, love it!!

5. What would you say is your best physical feature?
I'd have to say my eyes.. which I seem to pass on to Ben as well. Take a look at the picture below. That will be one of the rarest picture of me that you get to see cos I'm really a private person (more like scared of being stalked :P) So anyway, the picture of me and Ben when we were around the same age... which is 6 months or so...
Just look at Ben's eyes... We get a lot of comments from people telling us that Ben's eyes are HUGE... and then people will look at hubby, keep quiet, then look at me and went "Whoa... Ben got his eyes from YOU obviously!!" . . . . . So, yeah, I guess for this question, I'd have to say my eyes are my best physical feature.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love me some Dixie Chicks!

Hate the dentist still - although I've only ever had one cavity and never any dental issues - but the cleanings themselves still yucky!

Ben is just TOOO CUTE!!!! I love those big eyes and just the chubby cheeks and chunky thighs! I could just squeeze him! :-)

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hey Katie!

Nowadays I'm more comfy with dentists but I'm still terrified at the thought of dental surgery (for wisdom tooth or any type of extraction)

Thanks for your compliments on Ben! :D I could help you squeeze his chubby cheeks and thighs if you want! ;p

Shelley said...

I love the Dixie Chicks too :-)

Alexia said...

Happy Friday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

I'm a full-time mummy Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez | Distributed by Deluxe Templates