Saturday 17 October 2009

Babies These Days...

(Oh gosh... I had to blog this up at 2am in the morning now its 17th Oct as I will be away for a short family trip to Genting and will only be back on 18th Oct)

I thought being a full-time 24-hours SAHM (aka stay-at-home-mummy) means you get to be involved in every FIRSTS of your baby. First smile, first laugh, first wink, first cheeky smile, first coo, first roll, first sit up, first stand, and so on... well, well, there's more than meets the eye I realised now...

Babies these days (I don't know about yours but mine is one of these new breed)... they are doing magical things at such a young age!

Now, before you go on blaming me or thinking I'm the one coaxing my Benjamin into doing the following, please note that all the pictures taken are candid and this blog post is meant to be a funny motherhood experience to share with you guys, so please note that these pictures are taken without Benjamin realising it and some are just really cute and funny.

So here goes...

First, you get angry when they ransacked your laundry bag...


Then you realised they are actually trying to help you hang the clothes... (**note: 2 feet high maximum for the moment)


Then you worried when are they going to be able to sit up on their own until one day you so miraculously able to watch him sitting on his own with your own eyes and best still, able to capture that magical moment on camera!


Then you get worried when will he be able to stand up on his own, and then you saw him trying his best to do that...


So much so that when he is able to master the skill of standing, he do it on one leg... as if it's just a petty thing...


Then you get worried what will he be when he grows up?? Will he be an IT person like his mummy (Ok, used to be.. ) & daddy? Or will he open his own IT business like daddy?


And then you wonder whether he has inherited any of your super abilities - mine is multitasking at work (I have my previous performance appraisals to prove this!) and hubby's super smart ability in solving problems and good in communicating to ppl of all levels. And then you saw your own flesh and blood multi-tasking... I mean, mouthy-tasking...


At one point I started to get worried will Ben be able to reach his feet with his hand cos I remember last time my niece is able to bring her feet to her mouth... and then I saw Ben happily sucking his toes when he is able to bring his feet to his mouth...


It took a few attempts and wet floor and walker to teach Ben to use sippy cup (at 6 mths old) which when he is able to do so, he gives you a cheeky smile, sign of victory? :)


And you thought babies are innocent... until you see them with the 'evilish greedy' look trying to grab hold of the hidden torchlight...


And I thought us women are vain... until my son discovered the mirror behind the wardrobe door...


Aahhh... the joys of motherhood... and being a stay-at-home-mummy... priceless!!

9 comments:

thirdy_smom said...

awwwwwwww..I can't help but smile at the pics! this is uber cuteness :) wait till your little Benjamin reach 16 months like my Thirdy--don't let him see the remote control or a cellphone. For some weird reasons babies love 'em. My baby boy wrecked the clicker and dropped it on the floor in pieces! I wanna scold him, but babies are still babies, right? cuteness! cuteness! :)

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi thirdy_smom!

I just got back from a family weekend trip at Genting. It seems my Benjamin has level now.. he is able to stand in his walker and reached the 3rd rack of my bookcase... bah... I have to migrate all my books elsewhere already :(

What do you mean don't let my son see the remote control or cellphone? He has already seen them since baby and boy o boy... they really are fascinated with it!!

Anonymous said...

Awww what great photos! I agree: getting to watch the "firsts"is the best part of being a SAHM!

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi marfmom!

Thanks for visiting my blog! :D

Karen M. Peterson said...

Your little Ben is adorable! Those are some very fun photos!

Stopping by from SITS. I hope you had a lovely holiday!

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi Karen!

Thanks for the compliments and for stopping by :)

Hear Mum Roar said...

Those are such cute photos!

I remember when I worked in childcare, sometimes the kids would take their first steps at daycare, without mum or dad, so we would pretend it hadn't happened so they could have their 'first' at home.

It made me vow to become a stay at home mum so I would definitely be there for those firsts.

Well, my first child, now nine years old, took her first steps in front of her dad, while I was in another room! Argh. She did this several times, before I ever got to see it!

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hello Hear Mum Roar!

Hahaha... I think sometimes it frustrates my hubby when he thought he was the first to notice Ben did something new and then I went 'Yeah... yeah... he did this few times already. Oppss... I forgot to tell you... :P'

Thanks for the compliments & for visiting my blog! :D

S and family said...

Stopping by to say Happy SITS Day! Your little Ben is SO cute; you must take a million pictures a day of him and still not capture how incredibly cute he is in real life. Love him up! And enjoy your time home with him. It goes by so quickly... (which is hard to believe on those loooonnngg days!)
http://falling-apples.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

I'm a full-time mummy Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez | Distributed by Deluxe Templates