Monday 30 November 2009

Vintage Ads on Baby Products...

Came across some vintage advertisements on baby products on the Net. Wanted to share it with you guys. Sorry forgot to note down some of the origins and source of the pictures, cos I accidentally deleted the URLs already (some of them are from this link: http://pzrservices.typepad.com/vintageadvertising/).

I'm not in any way trying to criticize the maker/seller of the products, just want to share with you guys there were such things being sold long long ago... Anyway, here goes:


This ad is from 1920s... Woh-keyyyy... I actually have no idea on how putting this thumb guard can stop baby from sucking their thumbs and actually wonders whether baby's thumb growth might be impeded when they had to wear this?...


This ad was from 1930s... Kinda freaky actually as it kinda shows the baby is all trapped up in a dark room and that you should get a sun lamp for your baby... Thank God I live in a country where it is summer all year round...


This ad from 1950s claims that watching TV can make your kids smarter... woh-kay....


Woow-woow-woohhh.... starting baby on cola? How soon should I be terrified with this??!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo woo woo.. COLA FOR BABIES? Kidding me?

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi Lynette!

Ya wor!! Cola man!! Shocking!!!

Sandy said...

That's scary!

Stopping by to welcome you to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood!

said...

Those are some freaky ads! And I love a good vintage ad myself; I have a set on Flickr just for vintage advertising. But those! Are weird.

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi sandy!

Thanks for stopping by! :D

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi Joy!

Welcome to my blog! Yeah, those ads are kinda freaky, huh?

Joey said...

Hahaha, this is cool yet mind-boggling!

JennyMac said...

I cant get past the medieval thumb guard. LOL.

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi JennyMac!

Welcome to my blog! Hahaha... I am still wondering what purpose it serves.... and how can it prevent babies from sucking their thumb... :P

Lindsay Rudolph said...

WOW! Those old ads are always so interesting to look at. It's crazy to think that we once considered Cola to be good for babies! And what about that thumb device. CRAZY!

Very cute blog~ Visiting from SITS!

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi Lindsay!

Thanks for dropping by my blog! Yeah, crazy huh those ads?! And what about the creepy sun lamp ad?

Jen said...

Those are funny and scary all at the same time. But you know what I bet in 50 years ppl will be laughing at stuff we used to help our kids.

Stopped by from SITS to say hi and welcome.

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi Jen!

Yeah, now that you mentioned it, 50 yrs down the road ppl will be laughing at the stuff we use now!! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's even more shocking since way back when there was Cocaine in cola!

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi goldenrose23!

Thanks for stopping by! Yeah, shocking huh!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

I'm a full-time mummy Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez | Distributed by Deluxe Templates