Thursday 5 November 2009

Day 1... Just the Two of Us...

"Just the two of us, We can make it if we try
Just the two of us, (Just the two of us)
Just the two of us, Building castles in the sky
Just the two of us... You and I"

This morning at 7.30am, daddy left for a 4D 3N event setup in Bangkok, leaving mummy & Benjamin at home with grandma.


Woke up at 6.50am, helped hubby prepared any last minute stuff to pack and saw hubby kissing Benjamin's forehead before dashing off as the cab was already waiting downstairs.


The house felt so quiet... I missed hearing the sound of hubby's car driving into the porch, lights blazing into the living room and I normally will carry Ben up and propped him onto the sofa to have a peek at his daddy.

Since hubby left his car at home, I took the chance to do some banking stuff - close off my bank account which has not been touched for 2 years. Already received notice from the bank that they have started charging me RM10/= annually as there is no activity noted in my account. I took about an hour plus to settle one of my bank account (tomorrow going to another bank plus going to lunch with my ex-colleagues) and when I got home, it was quiet.

Until I stepped into the kitchen area where MIL was cuddling Ben who was seated on her lap facing her. And he started crying when I walked away to wash my hands - don't want to touch him since I was out earlier.


Man, oh man.. those sound of him crying... that was like the saddest thing ever... it's as if he already accepted the fact that daddy is not in the house and suddenly he saw mummy walking away from him... whoaa... I quickly wiped my hands clean and carried him. The cries stopped immediately and he looked down at MIL, sobbing with snort dribbling down his nose... poor boy...

Earlier about 8pm, hubby called back from Bangkok and I put him on loudspeaker so that Ben could hear his daddy's voice. He was fascinated as ever with daddy's voice but couldn't find him anywhere, in the end, Ben settled for tugging my mobile phone and making babbling sounds.

Ben-ben, be strong and patience yeah... mummy is here with you, don't worry and don't be sad... Daddy is coming back in 3 days time... until then, its just the two of us... you and I...


4 comments:

thirdy_smom said...

awww..ben must be missing his dada badly. :(

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi thirdy_smom!

Yeah... this morning Ben (co-sleep with hubby & me) woke up, rolled to his daddy's side, empty... then he rolled back to my side and woke me up... :P

thirdy_smom said...

cute little boy. maybe you should try using a dummy (hotdog pillow). that's what my hubby use to do when Tri is looking for me and I'm not around (working). so far so good. :) anyway, ben will be fine coz mommy's with him :) take care!

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Oh, we have all sorts of pillow, long, short, big, small, round, square, rectangle...

Anyway, for now still manageable, he only fusses when he sees me walking away out of his sight. If he's busy with a toy and I walked away, he wouldn't even fuss - until I got back and he noticed I'm actually gone, then he starts his pitiful cries! hahahah...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

I'm a full-time mummy Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez | Distributed by Deluxe Templates