Saturday 7 November 2009

Gum, Chew, Munch, Suck!

I was blogging about my day 2 prison break adventure earlier and mentioned that I bought this Munchkin Food Feeder thing for Ben and will try it out with some fruits or something.

So, on the same day at night, I got down to cleaning and washing up this food feeder first. Then I grabbed an apple, peeled off the skin and cut into smaller chunks. Put a piece about half an inch long into the mesh bag and snapped it shut.

Then I passed it to Ben. At first, he was a bit apprehensive.. I mean, he's probably confused wondering what is this thing that mummy passed to him. Should he smash it? Or eat it? Or what?

I put a bit of the mesh bag where the apple chunk was located at into Ben's mouth, let him try to taste what it is.

Then, I slowly took his hands, and taught him to hold the handle with 2 hands and he took control from then on.

He started gumming the apple once he realized there's something sweet and watery in the bag. Then you can hear his sucking sound. Gum, chew, munch, suck!

And look at how tight his hands were on the handle of the food feeder. When MIL tried to play a joke on Ben by asking him to give to Mah-Mah (aka grandma), Ben turned the other direction and strolled off in his walker leaving MIL laughing at his antiques :D

Look at how contented Ben is... he just sat there in his walker happily gumming and munching and chewing and sucking the apple chunks! 

He practically had about half of the apple (small size like tennis ball).

I totally loved the way he puts out his 2 feet... so relax and enjoy!
Price of Munchkin Food Feeder = RM25.90...
The joy of seeing your baby boy happily munching apple chunks (without the fear of him choking and me spending time to puree or mash it ASAP :P) = PRICELESS.... :D

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I start to follow your blog after I back from maternity leave :) I Love your sharing so much ^_^
Feel wanna buy a Munchkin Food Feeder for my son too ^_^ not sure whether can I find it in Penang? where you bought that?

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi Psedornna Joey!

Welcome and thanks for following my humble blog!

I think should have the food feeder in Penang lah... you make Penang sound like a hulu kampung place! :P

I bought mine near my ex-office area, which is in Petaling Jaya. If you really can't find one, then I get & send to you lah.. but you have to pay the delivery charges wor...

Unknown said...

Hahaha.... I seldom go shopping after delivered. My hubby said it's quite "troublesome" to bring my son along. so we just stay at home during the weekend :(

I will try to find in BB shop over here first :P....

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Cannot leave baby with MIL or parents or nanny ar?

We also used to stay at home after I delivered, cos that time H1N1 very rampant, so scared of getting it. Only when Ben turns almost 6mths we go out for family trips. Before that, will leave Ben with MIL for night out to watch movies then rush back to nurse Ben. :P

If you can't find in Penang, you can try looking online, there are some webstores selling it for cheaper but not sure on their delivery charges.

Unknown said...

so far, just my hubby & I take turn to take care of my son, Bryan. not convenient for them to help out as they all staying in mainland and we are staying in penang island.

just last week, went back to MIL house. as their house not "really CLEAN" + hot, Bryan has a lot of rashes over his stomach, neck, hands & legs :(

I'm a full-time mummy said...

So are you a SAHM?

Aiyor... rashes ar? Poor boy!

Unknown said...

Yaloh... tears dropping everytime look at him sick, even merely rashes. my hubby always laugh at me :(

Nope. I'm working & I'm in the office now. eat snake :P... I sent Bryan to baby sitter & fetch him back after work.

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Aiyor... don't cry so much already. I too cried when my Ben got jaundice then kena marah by the nurse (http://imafulltimemummy.blogspot.com/2009/11/what-happened-during-my-maternity-leave.html) so since then tone down on my crying already :P

Unknown said...

Yaya... I read all your blogs ^_^

I hope to be a full time mummy now so that can well take care of my love Bryan :P But financial problems not allow me to do that :(

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Thanks for your support! These are the times I feel happy that my work is being appreciated and that I'm not babbling to myself like an old cuckoo lady .... :P

I think every mother would love to be with their baby full time. /but like you said, everyone have their own reasons. Everyone have sacrifices to make.

Someday I hope to blog on how I make SAHM works lah... :)

thirdy_smom said...

hi full-time mummy!

saw a gazillion stock of this munchkin fresh food feeder on the mall last Sunday! But hubby said Tri does not need it anymore (argh!) because he is a big boy. You may check my latest post, he's been eating like a "man" lately. hehehe! still, thanks for the bright ideas! keep 'em coming!

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi thirdy_smom!

How old is Tri? My Ben is 8mths old but he still loves it hahahaha :)

thirdy_smom said...

He's 1 year and 5 months old. He is a picky eater! He likes hard boiled egg and rice and some chiken/beef broth, but that's all. Have to force him to eat fruits and veggies sometimes. Thought the munchkin food feeder might help. But my hubby said there's no need.

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Wah! More than 1 year old no need to go for this food feeder already! Aiyo... if I knew earlier, I wouldn't have tell you to 'go go go' and get it :P

How about making those fruits into juices for him to drink? Or you puree those veggies and mix it into his normal meals?

thirdy_smom said...

yah he is a big boy, right? The sales lady on the mall said 1yr+ can still use it, hubby said Tri might gnaw on the mesh bag haha! silly me! :D Been experimenting with different veggies and fruits. He likes the fruit juices and smoothies.

I'm a full-time mummy said...

I see... The mesh bag quite sturdy, one time, I tried munching it too after Ben was done with his papaya chunks... hahahaha...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

I'm a full-time mummy Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez | Distributed by Deluxe Templates