Friday 6 November 2009

Day 2... Prison Break.. Mummy on the loose...

Hahahah... day 2 today. 2 more days to go before hubby is back. This morning Ben woke up, then climbed through a pile of pillows and bolster that I stacked up the night before in case Ben rolled off our mattress... anyway, if he falls off our mattress, there is another single bed mattress next to it so no harm anyway... :P

So, after the climb of Mount Pillowmanjaro, Ben rolled to daddy's side and saw it was empty. He paused for a few seconds probably wondering why it was empty. Then he proceed to roll back to my side to wake me up.

After that I nursed him, gave the instructions and updates on Ben's sleeping and feeding schedules to MIL and left home about 11.30am, went to my previous company since I had lunch appointment with some of my ex-colleagues after I did my banking stuff.

Of course, since I'm out free and with no one to watch over me...muahahahah, I'm like a prisoner on loose...

So I ordered my favourite lunch dish: PRAWN FRIED RICE WITHOUT VEGETABLES!

Oh, those glorious and yummiest fried rice with the fresh prawns and pieces of fried eggs in it... witht the rice golden in colour...add in a bit of green chili with every spoonful of fried rice... mmmmmm.... heavenly! And I ordered my favourite Milo ais with it as well... yumyum!

During the 1 hour lunch, I caught
up with my ex-colleagues and find out on the latest happenings and disasters in the company now.

I don't think I should mention it further in details here, suffice to say I'm happy I left my working life for now... hahahah...

After lunch, walked over to this baby store near my previous company and bought this Munchkin Baby Food Feeder which I saw on the Net.
According to the Munchkin website:

"This award-winning product allows your baby to enjoy lots of delicious foods without the choking risk. Simply put a piece of fruit, vegetables or meat into the mesh bag and snap shut. Your baby can chew, suck and enjoy all the whole food goodness and taste, with only the tiniest, digestible pieces coming through. Your baby gets great flavor and you get great peace of mind!"

* Textured handle easy to grasp
* Pack of 1 or 2 feeders
* Ideal for 6+ months

I bought mine for RM25.90 although I saw some other online baby store selling it for RM23/- but what the heck, since I'm already out and it's not like I have a lot of time to shop around! Am going to try it out later with some fruits, possibly apple or mangoes or papaya... heheheh...

Of course I do read in some reviews that this gadget is kinda difficult to clean but some website mentioned you just gotta wash it immediately after your baby is done eating and to use a tooth brush to clean the mesh bag. So, we'll see lah... I hope this works for Ben, at least if we go travelling I can dump some fruits or something inside for him to chew without worrying he might choke on it... :D

After that, I left and head back home. Total spend outside prison I mean home (hehehe... :P) is 3 hours+. When I reached home this time, Ben did not cry, he just had his solids half hour ago so was pretty alert and active and playing around in his playpen watched attentively by MIL.

So day 2 - half more to go...

6 comments:

Candace Sheppard said...

You are sooo funny! I especially loved the sinister laugh muahhaha! Keep up the great posts I love your blog.

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi Candace!

Welcome to my humble blog and glad that you like it! :)

God bless you!

thirdy_smom said...

Oh! I want to get this one! Been trying to experiment things with tri to eat. I just don't know if we have this baby feeder gadget here in Manila...:(

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi thirdy-smom!

Read the next blog on Ben's 1st time using the food feeder (http://imafulltimemummy.blogspot.com/2009/11/gum-chew-munch-suck.html)

So far, he loves the gadget and the fruits left in the mesh bag are those shreds and fibers strains.

If you can't get the gadget in Manila, we try to see how we can get you one from here, ok? All the best to you! :)

thirdy_smom said...

That sounds pretty good. yah, I've read that post yesterday. Ben was so into it, isn't he? I'll be off from work in half an hour, i'll drop by the mall and look for that gadget. So nice!

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Good luck in getting the baby food feeder. Look for Munchkin brand. There are few different colour, I went for the one with green coloured mesh bag since it's brighter than the usual blue mesh bag (more of this sold actually)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

I'm a full-time mummy Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez | Distributed by Deluxe Templates