Thursday 26 November 2009

Now That I Have A Baby...

Came across this article in Baby Center which list down the things that changes when you have a baby and I went through the list and yeah... agree agree... in fact, I'm going to add on my comments onto the list in this blog post.

* You finally stop to smell the roses, because your baby is in your arms.
(Now That I Have A Baby... Well, not just stop to smell roses, more like I stop rushing through life and slow everything down cos each moment spent is so so so much worthwhile!)

* Where you once believed you were fearless, you now find yourself afraid.
(Now That I Have A Baby... Actually, I thought of the other way round.. I used to be afraid of a lot of things, but now, I have to be strong for him! There's another person who actually depends on me now!!)

* The sacrifices you thought you made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices.
(Now That I Have A Baby... We tried for 3 months, a short time compared to many other couples who have been trying and trying and trying - in any case, however long or short the time taken to have Ben, it is never a sacrifice...)

* You respect your body ... finally.
(Now That I Have A Baby... Yup, in fact, people around me respect me too! The fact that I go from 1-10cm in 4.5 hours and delivered naturally in a short time. Maybe some of you mummies beats my record but people who know me and have experience in childbirth told me that they've never seen or met anyone who deliver their 1st child in such a short time!)

* You respect your parents and love them in a new way.
(Now That I Have A Baby... Yup.. the fact that they both brought me up and I turned out alright.. I miss my parents... if only they are both still alive to see their own daughter becoming a mummy now...)

* You find that your baby's pain feels much worse than your own.
(Now That I Have A Baby... Yes... tiny things that occurs to them seems to be magnified thousands times worse... I remember how heartbreaking it was seeing the staff nurse taking Ben's blood for testing when we admitted him to the hospital for jaundice when he was 5 days old... I've never been a fan of having MY own blood being extracted out for whatever reasons... and to see your own baby being in that condition is so so heartbreaking!)

* Your heart breaks much more easily.
(Now That I Have A Baby... Yup, refers above comment...)

* You think of someone else 234,836,178,976 times a day.
(Now That I Have A Baby... Agree, agree ;D)

* Every day is a surprise.
(Now That I Have A Baby... Not just surprises, new discoveries as well!)

* Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please you. (Hooray for poop!)
(Now That I Have A Baby... Oh yeah..! I cannot believe I actually keep a folder containing all of Ben's piss and poop pictures!)

* You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself.
(Now That I Have A Baby... I chuckle and smile along when I see Ben smiling cheekily at his own reflection in the mirror!)

* You become a morning person.
(Now That I Have A Baby... Actually I wasn't much of a morning person anyway...but I go to bed later now :P)

* Your love becomes limitless, a superhuman power.
(Now That I Have A Baby... Me? Superhuman power?! Now that I think of it... I, a 45kg woman having to carry a going to be 9mths old 10kg baby around... yup... I am a Supermum! :P )

* You no longer rely on a clock — your baby now sets your schedule
(Now That I Have A Baby... How true....!)

*
You learn that taking a shower is a luxury
(Now That I Have A Baby... Bingo! This is getting freaky....!)

And other than above lists from the article, now that I have a baby:
~ Every songs I sing magically has my baby's name in it.
~ My stuff instantly becomes a toy. Huh? What hand phone?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with the second one! Oh and I'm not sure how much 45kg is (I measure in lbs over here) but I am VERY small (90lbs) and delivered my baby in 4.5 hours too. ;)

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi The Wifey,

90lbs is about 41kg. You are lighter than me!

Dee said...

Yes girl you certainly respect your parents.

My mum is a rock.

Happy Sat Sharefest too.

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi Dee!

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Sat Sharefest to you too!

said...

4.5 hours is very impressive - I've never heard of it being beat the first time around!

Welcome to the SITS community!

Carma Sez said...

The baby days are far behind me, but I can still recall all that you mention. And yes, it certainly makes you stronger!!

Stopping by from SITS to say Hi and welcome. I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers :-)

Just Lisa said...

Totally agree! I was able to take a shower AND shave AND wash my hair today! It felt like Christmas!

I came by to welcome you to SITS! We're happy to have you with us!

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hello Joy!

Thanks for stopping by from SITS! Will check out your blog in a while! :D

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi carma!

Thanks for stopping by from SITS! I'm so happy I discovered this awesome site! Cheers to you as well!

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi greedygrace!

Thanks for visiting my blog from SITS! Happy Thanksgiving! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

I'm a full-time mummy Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez | Distributed by Deluxe Templates