Thursday 30 July 2009

Things I learnt when I become a mummy...

  1. To sacrifice - (not that I never did sacrifice before in my life... )but to give up a high-paying job (with my low education qualifications) and trade it with caring for your newborn 24/7, 365... that is something, right?
  2. To trust in your own instinct and not give in to others - when others say 'You don't have enough breastmilk. Give your boy some formula!', 'He's crying cos not enough milk', "You have to give him pacifier!" I just close off and not listen to all these. Ppl who tell me I'm not producing enough milk should take a look at my baby now and tell me again. Worse still, these ppl who tells me these things - some of them do not have experience in breastfeeding and were actually bottle feeding their babies (which explains why their baby are 'fat' and 'chubby')
  3. To be creative - whatever songs that was playing, be it on radio or TV, I somehow can changed the lyrics to include Ben's name in it and make the songs sound cute...
  4. To be a joker - I find it so satisfying seeing Ben's chuckle and laugh at the silly things I do...
  5. To be a strong - physically that is... Ben is growing heavier everyday, and I seem to be getting lighter by the day... in fact, I'm just 1 kg away from my steady weight since I was 17 years old (fyi, I am 46kg now)
  6. To do things while sleeping - it takes practice and a very tired body and mind to do this. But I'm able to change diapers, switched Ben's sleeping position and breastfeed Ben while half sleeping, half in zombied state...
  7. To be calm and stay cool at whatever surprises your baby is throwing you - piss, poop, fart, drool, whatever it is... I've learned that it is not yucky at all and these will make up part of the motherhood experiences that I'm gaining...

On another note, here's an article from CNN website about the truth of motherhood. Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

I'm a full-time mummy Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez | Distributed by Deluxe Templates