Tuesday 7 July 2009

2 mothers in 3 'fear stares if they breastfeed'

Came across this news article on how 2 out of 3 mothers in UK fear stares if they breastfeed. Hmm... I mean, if these mothers are worried how they would appear to public if they breastfeed, then perhaps they can try the followings:
  • express the breast milk and use your storage if you plan to go out and you can feed using bottle
  • look for baby care room if you are out in public, if there isn't any, I'd try to go to fitting rooms (in shopping malls) or just choose a bench with not so many ppl walking around and breastfeed by covering a napkin from your shoulder over to your baby
  • surf Net, check whether the place(s) you are planning to go has a baby care room

I'm sure there are many other ways apart from those I can think of above (which I normally do anyway). I think the most important thing is to give your baby a chance for good things - your breast milk! It'd be very selfish to not breastfeed just because you are worried of how ppl would look at you!

Personally I find that it is very very womanly and it's a great gift to be able to breastfeed your baby. I totally supports breastfeeding!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

I'm a full-time mummy Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez | Distributed by Deluxe Templates