Can you see what is it?
What? Can't see it clearly? There's something hanging up there...
Wait.. wait... let me zoom closer with my Sony Cybershot camera... OK, here you go...
Now one final really-really close up look at it...
Yes... now can you see clearly what it is?
It's TWO happy clingy bats loitering around in my house porch. We used to have only one of it but it seems that this morning, our little batman (or woman) has found its own partner and decided to bring him/her back and stay together.
I am not superstitious but according to this website, having a bat in the house could mean both good and bad luck.
It is lucky if:
* A bat falls or hit you.
It is unlucky for:
* Having a bat in the house is a sign of death in the family. (Eh?? Touch wood touch wood...)
* Seeing a bat in the daytime. (Oh great!! I even took snapshots of it and post it up in my blog! Oh horror!!!)
* Killing a bat shortens your life. (As if I even bother to kill it... though MIL has been threatening to use a long pole to shoo it away...)
* Bats flying around a wedding ceremony.
Anyway, this bat has been around our house for sometime... Since we moved in 2 years ago, we started noticing it coming and sleeping throughout the daytime about a year back. We don't really bother with it (except MIL again...) even though it has been causing some problems to our car. You see, our car is parked directly underneath it (cos there is shades) and our dear little batty friend here will go out at night, look for fruits and stuff and eat it while hanging upside down in its happy place up there... and dropped all the fruits skins and seeds onto the car bonnet and the floor. It caused quite a mess and sometimes the dirt sticks on to the car and we need to scrub quite hard to remove the stains.
And now, it brings back a partner??!! Whoaaaaa...
What should I do?
1. Poke it with a pole hoping that it will fly away (and not attack me) but then if it fell or hit on me, I'll be LUCKY!!! :P
2.Put some oil or grease on the pole where he hangs so that he won't be able to grip onto it any longer...
3. Leave them two love
Any other suggestions?