Monday 17 August 2009

Not again... the ulcer returns...


Just almost a month shy after I last blogged about having mouth ulcers and now I have it again.... bahhh... this is so irritating... I have tried BM but it doesn't work cos my saliva washes/dilutes it away.

Now when I think of it, I have always had mouth ulcers - the only time I don't have it was when I was pregnant, probably bcos' I was taking prenatal vitamins then...

The medicines below have been tried and failed to heal my ulcers.. in fact some of them actually helps my ulcer to breed! I remember one time putting salt on the ulcer, then another 3 erupted before the original one heals...




There are times when I used to get real pissed at having ulcers that I'd go for nasi lemak and spicy stuff to make the ulcer erupts faster.

I'm currently using the last one (Dexaltin - RM9.90 for 2g gram tube) - sort of like a super mini tube paste which after applying onto the ulcer area, it coats the ulcer and I don't feel the pain anymore. It lasted for few hours even while I was having my kon-lou noodle soup right after applying it!

Let's see how long it takes for my ulcers to heal... :(

8 comments:

Mark said...

You could try limiting your food intake to nothing but BM ^_^

Regards
Mark
http://earlychildcare.wordpress.com/

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Mark, I'm already eating non-stop and still feel hungry, now you ask me to take nothing but BM?

Bahhhhh...

Mark said...

Eating non-stop yet still losing weight? =-P bl

Regards
Mark
http://earlychildcare.wordpress.com/

I'm a full-time mummy said...

scary rite? that's what breastfeeding does to you la... but then I've always been steady 45kg since form 5 right up until I got pregnant. Now 5.5 mths after delivered, I'm 46kg already..

Mumzzy said...

Jenny, try kenalog (from pharmacy), use cotton bud to apply. works really well :)

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Mumzzy, thanks for the tip. I bought Dexaltin yesterday so far been applying it. Will take note of your kenalog if this Dexaltin is not working.

Pauline said...

Want to share this herb with you. Quite common herb.

http://annkschin.blogspot.com/2008/11/medicinal-plants-king-of-bitters.html

I always take it when I have ulcers or sore throat, usually will clear whatever I had in one or two days. In fact, I took it this morning. Got an ulcer on the side of my tongue.. oucch, real painful ...

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi Pauline!

Thanks for the info. Since I used Dexaltin, so far no problem at all. Will keep your tips in mind! Thanks! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

I'm a full-time mummy Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez | Distributed by Deluxe Templates