Wednesday 5 August 2009

Morning sickness tied to higher child IQ?

Stumbled upon this article on the Net which said that morning sickness is tied to higher child IQ. Really?? But then upon further reading, this statement is based on a small study of 121 Canadian children between the ages of 3 and 7, those whose mothers had suffered morning sickness scored higher, on average, on certain tests of IQ, memory and language skills.

Thinking back, I don't have morning sickness at all when I was carrying Ben. It's one of the many many many miracles of my pregnancy and childbirth which I cannot stop thanking God for.

Other than the crazy phase when I had Wendy's Spicy Chicken meals 3 times a week and then switching to double McD McChicken meal set (when Wendy's meal is getting smaller in size and quality is dropping), I don't have any episodes of nausea, vomiting, etc etc.

I still cannot fathom how can morning sickness be tied to your child having higher IQ... hmmm...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

I'm a full-time mummy Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez | Distributed by Deluxe Templates